You know the feeling; you are running late for school or work, and you know that you don’t have time for breakfast. You don’t need to skip the most important meal of the day; instead we have brought you some quick meals that you can have on the go. These dishes are not only time efficient but have the ingredients to provide you with the energy you need to get through the day, without being too heavy on the calories. Here are eight five minute breakfast ideas you can try ASAP!
1. Apple and Cheddar Tartine
When you don’t have time, just try baguette pieces with apple, butter and cheddar.
- Half small baguette
- Two tablespoons apple butter
- Half apple, thinly sliced
- Two ounces Cheddar, sliced
- Heat the broiler to broil baguette until it gets toasted lightly which will take from one to two minutes.
- Place topping of apple butter and cheddar, then broil unless the cheddar is melted.
- Your apple cheddar Tartine is ready to be eaten, have it with your ride and head fast to your work!
2. Oatmeal with Apricots and Raisins
Keep you oatmeal prepared in the fridge a night before and reheat it just before leaving for your work and you are ready to have it.
- One cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Quarter cup low-fat milk
- Two tablespoons golden raisins
- Two tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- Two tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare the oats according to the package directions before night and keep it in refrigerator.
- Top it with the milk, raisins, apricots, almonds, and nutmeg just before having it.
3. Mushroom and egg white omelet
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Four button mushrooms, sliced
- Two scallions, sliced
- Four large egg whites
- kosher salt and black pepper
- One ounce Cheddar, shredded (1/4 cup)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook.
- Beat the egg whites with quarter teaspoon each salt and pepper. Return the skillet to medium heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil, then cook the egg.
- Top with the vegetables and Cheddar.
4. Waffles with nut butter and bananas
- Four frozen whole-grain waffles
- Four tablespoons almond butter
- Two bananas
- One tablespoon honey
- Toast the waffles according to the package directions.
- Top with the almond butter, bananas, and honey.
5. Scrambled Egg Tacos
- Four corn tortillas, warmed
- Half avocado, thinly sliced
- Quarter cup salsa
- One ounce Monterey Jack
- Two tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Beat the eggs with quarter teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the eggs.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas.
- Top with the avocado, salsa, Monterey Jack, and cilantro.
6. Toast with yogurt and smoked salmon
- Two large slices country bread, toasted
- Half cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Four ounces sliced smoked salmon
- Quarter small red onion
- One tablespoon capers
- black pepper
- Top the toast with the yogurt, salmon, onion, and capers. Season with the pepper.
7. Yogurt With Grapes and Granola
- Two cups plain low-fat yogurt
- Half cup halved seedless red and green grapes
- Half cup granola
- Divide the yogurt between 2 bowls.
- Top with the grapes and granola.
8. Cottage Cheese with minted pineapple
- One cup thinly sliced pineapple
- One tablespoon sugar
- One tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- One and a half cups low-fat cottage cheese
- Two tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Toss the pineapple with the sugar and mint.
- Top with the pineapple mixture and pomegranate seeds.