When you’re rushing out the door, starving, but soon-to-be late for work, your mind goes straight to a bland granola bar or a piece of fruit. As breakfast continues to prove itself as the “most important meal of the day”, it’s crucial that you don’t skimp out on breakfast. Here are five easy, healthy breakfast ideas so you can have a filling breakfast on-the-go without ruining your diet.
Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins
- 3-4 pieces whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces (enough to fill muffin tins almost to top)
- 3-4 slices deli ham (look for preservative-free)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (or more or less to taste)
- Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffins tins well.
- Drop bread pieces evenly in muffin tins until they come about ⅔ of the way up the tin.
- Sprinkle ham pieces evenly in each tin.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in each tin.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, ground mustard, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly in each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little dried Parsley on the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through the middle.
Hard Boiled Egg Breakfast Melts
- 2 Whole Wheat English Muffins, halved
- Cream cheese
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- Mexican shredded cheese blend, for topping
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Sriracha (optional)
- Slice the english muffins and place in a toaster to toast each side.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on each side.
- Slice your eggs lengthwise and distribute the slices evenly between the 4 muffin sides.
- Place the roma tomato slices on top of the egg.
- Place the avocado slices on top of the tomato.
- Top with shredded cheese, black pepper, and sriracha (if using).
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Sliced ¼ cup almonds
- Chopped ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Slice apple into thing rings and remove core.
- Spread peanut butter over one side of ring. Top with almonds, walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.
Vanilla Almond Overnight Quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup almond pulp
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Chopped almonds to garnish (optional)
- Divide all ingredients between two mason jars. Stir until incorporated.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit overnight.
- Remove and garnish with chopped almonds. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Protein Packed Breakfast Bites
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt (1 container, 500g)
- Fresh Berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- Line a mini muffin tin with your favourite cupcake liners.
- Add enough granola to cover the bottom of each cup. Approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons each. Break apart the larger pieces of granola with your fingers.
- Fill the cups with greek yogurt, almost to the top. Approximately 1.5 Tablespoons each.
- Add fresh berries to the top.
- Freeze for 1 to 3 hours until the yogurt starts to harden.
- Store the rest in a freezer bag and grab your breakfast to go for the rest of the week!