Whether it’s in the form of chunky guacamole or cut up in slices on a sandwich, avocados are not only delicious, but versatile as well. This tasty, healthy fruit pairs well with anything from pasta to scrambled eggs and is a great source of nutrients. Often referred to as a “super food” by health gurus, avocados boast a whopping 20 vitamins and minerals and 15 grams of healthy fat. Read this list for easy ideas on how to incorporate avocados into your next meal.
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
4 burrito sized tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten-free), warmed
0.45 kilos / 1 pound cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
1 large avocado, diced
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup salsa verde
1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Assemble the burritos, optionally toast, and enjoy!
Cream Cheese and Avocado Wontons
24 Wonton Wrappers
1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese – shredded
8 oz of Light Cream Cheese
2 Cups of Oil
¼ Cup of Water
1. Heat oil in a skillet
2. In a bowl – mix together till it is one mixture – cheese, avocados, and cream cheese
3. Take each wonton – place 2 teaspoons of mixture in each – make a triangle
4. Use water to seam the edges
5. Whisk the egg – using a brush – brush each wonton with egg
6. Fry in the oil till golden brown
7. Garnish with cilantro if you want
Chicken Avocado Burgers
1 pound ground chicken
A large ripe avocado – cut into chunks
1 chopped clove of garlic
⅓ cup Panko crumbs or Almond meal (to keep it Paleo friendly )
1 minced Poblano or Jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
2. Shape into desired size patties and grill inside or out!
Mango Avocado Salad
4 avocados, cut into ½-inch cubes
2 mangoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
½ red onion, diced
1 small red pepper, seeded, sliced into ½ inch strips (optional)
½ cup freshly chopped cilantro
6 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1¼ tsp seasoning salt
1. Combine avocados, mangoes, onions, pepper, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt.
3. Pour the lemon sauce over the avocado mixture, toss to coat, and serve.
Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta
10 oz spaghetti or fettuccine
1 clove garlic
1 cup fresh spinach
½ cup pecans
¼ cup basil
Grated ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ to 1 cup pasta water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. While pasta is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend until it turns into a smooth sauce. Start with ¾ cup of pasta water and add more as needed to get the consistency you want.
3. Toss the pasta with the sauce in a bowl and serve immediately. This sauce is best served the day it is made, as it uses avocados which will turn a brownish color.