For this #WellnessWednesday, we thought we’d treat you guys to five at-home facial masks to help keep you looking glam this summer. Our poor faces go through a lot in the summer, like extensive sweating and dirtiness, dryness from swimming in salt water, sun damage, and more. It’s important to give your skin a little pick-me-up every now and then, so take a look at some masks that your skin will definitely thank you for.
FOR RED, IRRITATED, SENSITIVE SKIN:
- If you find your face getting extra red and irritated in the summer from the heat, try this soothing facial mask meant for sensitive skin. Just combine 1 frothy egg white, 1 teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of plain, organic yogurt with a teaspoon of cucumber water. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and then gently remove with warm water. Make sure you apply an unscented facial lotion afterwards to keep your skin soft and smooth.
FOR SUNBURNED SKIN:
- Spend a little too much time in the sun? We’ve all been there, and boy, does it hurt when your entire face is sun damaged and peeling. Fortunately, there are some DIY remedies to help soothe your pain away. Firstly, make sure you continue to hydrate and regularly apply aloe vera to prevent peeling, and if you need a little extra help, try this mask. Combine half a mashed avocado with a tablespoon of plain, organic yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of aloe, and a splash of lemon juice. Then, chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes and apply for instant cooling relief. After 10 minutes, remove the mask and apply an unscented facial lotion with a strong SPF number.
FOR OILY SKIN:
- If you’re like me, your skin is constantly oily during the hot months of the summer. Between the sweating and the humidity, I feel like I constantly have to wash my face to just keep the oil at bay, but thankfully, there are some good at-home masks to try that can definitely help take away some of that shine. Try brewing some green tea and letting it cool, then taking two teaspoons of that combined with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Take a cotton ball and dab the mixture on your face, leaving it on your face for 10-15 minutes or until it dries. Then, rinse off with warm water and top it off with a toner to really keep the shine down.Courtesy of StyleCraze.com
FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN:
- For a lot of people, along with warmer weather comes a whole new set of problems, including skin problems. For trouble spots and breakouts, try this mask that also doubles as an exfoliant. Combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, a dash of sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Massage the mixture onto your face for 2 minutes and then let sit for 15, gently rinsing with warm water when completed. Top it off with a toner and moisturizer to lock in all the benefits of this mask.’
FOR GLOWING, RADIANT SKIN:
- We all want naturally glowing skin without having to use a highlighter every day, and luckily, there are some organic solutions to this dilemma. This face mask will ensure an instant brightness in your cheeks and a radiance about your face that will have heads turning left and right. Firstly, combine ¼ of mashed papaya with ½ teaspoon of aloe vera gel, ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder (or cinnamon), and some rose water or mashed rose petals. Apply to your face in a circular motion for several minutes, and then let sit for at least another 20 minutes. Wash your face off with cold water and add an astringent of some sort to set the brightness in (toner or lemon juice works).