What is dry shampoo?
Our need to keep clean has produced many products to overcome the side effects of which there came more. For the past several years’ hair care specialists have been suggesting liquid shampoo. But the problem with liquid shampoo is, when you apply it to your head, it strips away the natural oils that keep your hair healthy and well moisturized. Although your hair may look tidy, shiny and all set by using shampoo, if you use it every day, stop doing so immediately. If this makes you uncomfortable, there is good news: Dry Shampoo.
Dry shampoo is a powder that absorbs oil. It usually consists of starch or talc, which absorbs excess dirt and grease from your hair without using water. To apply dry shampoo you need to sprinkle the powder on your scalp and massage it for at least one minute. You can comb your hair while applying the powder but mostly hair care experts do not recommend it. By using this great invention, you’ll get clean and healthy hair without the adverse effects of water and sulfates within liquid shampoos. Dry shampoo as well is not the ultimate solution of hair care problems; it also has side effects.
Let’s discuss the Pros & Cons of using dry shampoo.
- It’s convenient to use. You can pull out a spray can anywhere, even in the office to clean your messy hair and once applied, you are as good as clean.
- Due to there being no water, it saves the headache of drying and styling your hair saving your time.
- Do not have to style your hair again and again which saves the amount you pay for products.
- Dry shampoo maybe a temporary solution to your problem but it is not a complete solution because you always have to wash your hair with the liquid shampoo in the end, otherwise dirt and oil will accumulate to make your hair dirty over time.
- Dry shampoo is not for everybody. If you have a dandruff problem, it may only worsen it.
- With applying powder, the residue may feel like a white surface on your head, which won’t look good for darker hair.
- Applying it over and over without washing will ultimately leave your hair dry and dull.
- Dry shampoo is finding its way into the homes of many Americans and for a good reason. Although it isn’t for everyone, this may be the solution you’ve been looking.
Looking for more tips and tricks for maintaining your mane? Check out our blog for more!